Sunday, August 28, 2011

Eat Eat: Umai-Ya

18 August 2011... Thursday... 9:15PM...
Location: Bukit Jalil...
Mission: Fill our empty stomach!
Target area: Puchong IOI Boulevard

We stepped our feet in IOI Boulevard around 9:30pm. What type of restaurant would still open at this time? Hmm....left the choice of some bar restaurants. But I don't want Fish&Chips.
Both of us are craving for some Asian flavour.
So, we try our luck at a Japanese restaurant, Umai-Ya



Luckily, the restaurant is still opened and most importantly the kitchen is still opened too.
You guess it right, we are the Last and ONLY customer in that restaurant. It looks as if we book the whole restaurant. XD
We don't plan to go luxury, so we order something easy and fast. Last order is 10pm!

Dragon Maki - RM25

Dragon Maki NICE! I like the combination of unagi and avocado. I think they match very well. =)

Shime Saba Sushi - RM 3.80

Shime Saba is pickled mackerel. It reminds me of the Japanese pickled salmon, which I LOVE very much and almost eat it everyday during my Japan trip.

Kani Unatama Maki (corner) - RM16
Dynamite Maki (center) - RM16
There are mango in the Dynamite Maki but I can't really taste the mango. Kani Unatama Maki is fried soft shell crab Maki, I personally think the soft shell crab is overcooked and dry out. It turns out a bit hard.
We love the Shime Saba Sushi so much that we order again. I think the chef might be in a hurry, the second Shime Saba sushi doesn't look very nice, but it taste awesome!

Tofu Dengaku - RM12



My dear order this too... scary Natto Beans!! =S



My dear keeps looking for it in the menu, but there isn't any Natto bean alone in the menu. The waiter is very kind and helps us to ask the chef if we could get Natto bean alone without the main dish come with it. I think it might because we are the last and only customer, the chef serve us a small plate of Natto beans for FREE!!!

Overall, the service of the shop is good and the food is not bad.
I wouldn't say this is the best Japanese food I had, but I will have another visit again. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment