Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year's eve cook~

I don't really like joining the crowd at the street or shopping mall and count down for new year....
I had my own way celebrating and welcoming 2012 --> cook at home for my dear family~

Planned a simple menu for the day...

1. mushroom ravioli topped with dill butter sauce



I wanted to make the size of wantan....but accidentally turn it into BIG UFO..... =/

and the pasta sheet.....of cause I made it myself...



first time making it, it came out not bad.... =D


2. chicken and leek pie





this time I bought the ready made puff pastry from Cold Storage....
it's very hard to make puff pastry. I tried before but it didn't turn out well....


3. meatball pasta



I use minced pork for the meatball and then add in caramelized onion, garlic and a dash of red wine...
I stuff the meatball with a bit of bacon and pinch of cream cheese... they add extra flavour in the meatball.... =]

Lastly, came my favourite part of dinner -- dessert!!

4. caramel custard pudding




it's so easy to make, just milk and egg and sugar. I make it like steamed egg..
Yes, I used steamer instead of oven, which lead to shorter cooking time... =]
it still came out very nice...smooth and springy...

dinner was so satisfying~
I am saying both the process of eating and preparation... =D

No comments:

Post a Comment