Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mont Blanc (sweet potato version)

Firstly, Happy holiday to myself!!!! \(^o^)/
I have exactly 14 days of holiday starting from last Thursday....
haiz...only 14 days.....
alright, i tell myself must fully utilize these valuable days.....

I kinda abandoned my dear oven for quite a long time....
so I decided to bake something beautiful and delicious and definitely SWEET... =]

Searching for recipe online and I found a French dessert, Mont Blanc
Instead of using chestnut, this recipe uses sweet potato....
I had all the ingredients needed at home....
oh yes! you are the chosen one....Mont Blanc (sweet potato version)

lots of work to do....
preheat the oven....bake the cake base....boil the sweet potato....make the sweet potato puree....whip some fresh cream....assembly cake + cream + sweet potato puree

voila....

It doesn't look like traditional Mont Blanc at all............. >"<
The sweet potato puree looks like mustard..... =/
I had hard time piping the puree and I couldn't pipe it perfectly straight....
I think it's because the puree is a bit dry. I should have mixed more cream into it.

Nothing I can do anymore, so better taste my first not-so-traditional Mont Blanc
first bite.....hmmmmm...............I smell egg......
the cake is soft and moist even though I forgot to brush some cake syrup on top of the cake before assembly....
I can taste sweet potato in it....the whipped cream is very light and it helps to combine all the flavor......
All I can said is "OMG........It's so delicious!!!!!!"
It definitely taste 10 times better than it looks, NO exaggeration.
I thought it might be subjected to personal taste bud....
BUT BUT BUT....all my family love it too. =D
I'm so flattered when my sis complains that I made so few and she wants to eat more....
hehe.....

hmm....what I shall make tomorrow.........

No comments:

Post a Comment